The following requirements remain during the pandemic:
All travelers are required to present their completed Electronic Health Affidavit (in physical or digital form) to their airline or carrier BEFORE boarding to Panama.
Complete a Health Affidavit available at: https://login.panamadigital.gob.pa/Registro
Prior to check-in, all incoming travelers will be required to complete an Electronic Affidavit (sworn statement) agreeing to the following:
- Comply with all sanitary control measures outlined by the Ministry of Health of Panama
- Provide localization information of residence while in Panama
- Confirm that you are healthy (no symptoms of any respiratory illness)
- You have not been exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days
Travelers with a complete Vaccination Scheme
Travelers will not have to present a negative COVID-19 test for entry as long as they can provide physical or digital proof of at least 2 (two) doses or complete vaccination scheme endorsed by the WHO, EMA and FDA, equal to or greater than 14 days after the last dose.
Any child or person under 17 years will not have to present a negative COVID-19 test or vaccination record if they are accompanied by an adult when entering Panama.
Travelers without a complete Vaccination Scheme or Non-Vaccinated Travelers
Non-vaccinated or partially vaccinated travelers will be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken no more than 72 hours prior to their arrival time in Panama.
- If a test is not possible within that time frame, a COVID-19 rapid test will be mandated at the airport and the traveler will have to cover the costs of the said test (USD $50).
- If the results are positive, the traveler will be placed under mandatory 14-day quarantine in a hotel. The cost of the stay must be fully covered by the traveler.
Panama Trails strongly encourage your guests to come with their vaccination scheme complete.
Tourists entering the country will promptly receive a specific QR code after their Health Pass application has been reviewed and approved.
Complete the digital form called HEALTH PASS available at:
The Health Pass can only be completed within 72 hours of arriving in the country. It must be accessed in updated browsers with the exception of Internet Explorer. One form must be completed per person, including minors, without exception.
The PCR test, antigen test or any other is not a requirement to enter the country.
Vaccinated tourists must attach the vaccination certificate to the Health Pass.
As proof, vaccination certificates and vaccination cards that contain at least the following information will be accepted:
- Name of the person who received the vaccine
- Date of each dose
- In the case of U.S. travelers, the “COVID-19 vaccination record card” will be accepted.
Yes, they will be able to enter the country. They will have to present a Covid-19 PCR or antigen test taken no more than 72 hours prior to their arrival time in Panama.
Tourists arriving from permitted destinations that meet the entry requirements are not required to quarantine.
In case that any tourist is diagnosed with COVID-19 during their trip, they will receive a quarantine order upon arrival.
No. Curently we don´t have any night restrictions.
A negative PCR test or Antigen test is required for all passengers returning to the USA ages two years and older. The test must be taken within three (3) calendar days of flight departure.
Alternatively, you may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel.
Both PCR and Antigen tests are accepted to show as proof in many countries.
Testing is available at medical facilities across Panama, also many hotels have the option to have onsite testing.
Laboratories are offering Covid-19 PCR tests or a rapid antigen testing at Tocumen International Airport.
Passengers should plan to arrive at least four (4) hours prior to their flights and must present proof of travel at the time of testing.
Panama Trails is happy to assist you with the test arrangements.
- Panama welcomes all International Visitors.
- There is no testing required to enter the country. This includes PCR testing or antigen testing.
- There is no mandatory quarantine upon arrival.
- Depending on your country of origin, you may require a Covid-19 test prior to returning home. Jump to the section below on Departure Information
For the most up-to-date information, please visit the Panama Tourism Board website.
Complete the online Health Pass. Travelers to Panama must complete the pass available at:
An individual form must be completed for every person, including minors.
- In Panama, a travel insurance policy for Covid-19 is not required.
- European Citizens currently require a Covid-19 test before returning home
- US Citizens currently require a Covid-19 test before returning home
- Canadian Citizens currently require a Covid-19 test before returning home
We encourage all travelers to check travel restrictions of your destination country and airport.
COVID-19 testing is available for Departing Passengers from Tocumen International Airport.
- The center is open from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- The cost of the COVID-19 rapid test is $50.00 USD and the result takes around 40 minutes.
- The service is first come, first serve, so we encourage all passengers that want to get tested to arrive with enough time before their flight.
The cost range for tests will vary depending on the location, and if the test is taken at the International Airports, the hotel, or a private lab.
If the test is done at the International Airport: Tocumen International (PTY)
Rapid Antigen: $50 (Approx. Cost)
PCR: $100 (Approx. Cost)
Passengers must perform the test 4-5hrs prior to departure
If the test is done at a hotel outside of Panama City:
Rapid Antigen: $65-85
If the test is done at a private lab:
Rapid Antigen: $25-50
PCR Tests must be done at least three days or less before departure
Rapid Antigen Tests can be done the day before or at the airport, at least 5 hrs before departure
Of course. Our Concierge Team will be glad to help you:
- Coordinate Covid-19 tests for departure
- Confirm property tests
- Confirm the correct test for onward international travel
We recommend: arranging your Covid-19 tests once your booking is confirmed. Our Concierge Team can assist your clients in coordinating the tests. Then, your clients pay the lab or clinic directly after taking the test.
Please visit your country’s tourism board website for the most up-to-date information on your home country’s Covid-19 entry requirements.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Panama Trails Sales Team for assistance.
All staff from Panama Trails are fully vaccinated.
This includes: Guides, Drivers, Concierge Staff, and all staff members.
Masks are required indoors: in restaurants, bars and hotel spaces, enclosed public spaces, and inside transportation regardless of vaccination status.
Many of Panama’s main attractions — like national parks and beaches — can be enjoyed without the use of a mask, provided that 6 ft. (2 meters) physical distancing can be maintained